Both suffered from a bug where they’d fail in case the assembly to reproduce/protect didn’t have a .rsrc section. Since at the time I wrote the code all .NET assemblies had a .rsrc section, I took it for granted and didn’t include specific checks.
CFF & Rebel.NET Update
Fixed some bugs in both applications.
In particular, made some part of the CFF Explorer more robust. The current CFF Explorer still contains the core I wrote when I was 19yo. The newer kernel, which I don’t know if I’ll ever get the time to finish, doesn’t have the same problems. Anyway, this should improve rebuilding, resources importing and displaying of .NET table elements with extremely long names (more than 4096 characters).
A serious bug in the CFF Explorer, Rebel.NET and Phoenix Protector has been fixed. The bug affected the ExportedType .NET metadata table where the member TypeDefID was declared as a TypeDef index, while it’s a dword. The table is declared correctly in my .NET article, but somehow I wrote the wrong type in the code.
Many thanks to Yaroslav Liulko for reporting the bug.